Sunday, May 31, 2009

VIP Pass

am sure there are thousands of Guru stories going around and every one has multiple stories to tell. I am sharing a few of my experieces with Gurudev.

This one happened during the recent event at Washington DC. There were a few people from Seattle going to Washington DC and they asked me whether I want to join. However, I was not inclined at all. Also, I did not want or rather did not have much cash on hand, especially since I bought a new home only a couple of weeks back. My house closing was scheduled to be on 3/26/2007. I was also planning to do DSN in bay area. So, in short, I was not really planning to go to Washington DC.

A few days before going to DSN, my wife (reshmi) said to me that she has a feeling that we should go to washington DC. Well, I said let us tell Guruji to make it happen. Then that night, while going to bed, I told Guruji that I want to come to Washington DC and please make it happen. This was on a Sunday. On monday we went to sign our house papers and here comes the surprise - I got $3k cash back from the closing, which I was not expecting to get. (This money was originally supposed to be counted against the loan principal). So that was the first thing. Ok now the money has come, but we have only 2 days to do all the arrangements, since I was travelling to Bay area on thursday morning for my DSN with Anandji.

So on tuesday, our friend informed me that she has arranged for our stay with a family in DC and we dont have to worry about the stay. They also arranged for the pick up from the airport. In short everything happened so fast, by wednesday afternoon, we had our travel planned completely. As per the plan, we will come back from DC on 3/30 and on 3/31 we have to move from the apt to our new home. So just one day for a complete house shift!!

So I wento DSN on thursday morning and came back to Seattle on monday evening. On tuesday early morning, we left for DC. As Anandji said during DSN, occassions were created to ensure that we are living the knowledge.
At DC, we went to see Guruji, at the hotel where he was staying. However, I could not talk to him or personally meet him. I was feeling so heavy in my heart that I was feeling all kinds of emotions. I thought, if it was in my grandfather's ashrmam, I would not have to bother about anything and I will be like a VIP, since I am the grandson of the master.. I was feeling so heavy that I could not talk to Guruji. I sat down on the floor and told myself that I am not going to the silver jubilee event. However, somehow, by 5.30 I got up and said ok, let us go. So Reshmi and myself (we had $ 75 tickets) went to the venue. We went to the couter, to pick up our tickets - and here comes the climax. WE WERE GIVEN VIP TICKETS. First I could not understand as why I got VIP tickets, then I thought, oh may be we got wrong tickets. I looked at the names again. It said Shyam Nair. Then I was talking with a devotee from Seattle and he told us that if I got the VIP pass, I should go for VIP reception. Then suddenly it occurred to me - My guru is telling me that I am a VIP for him and he answered my doubts and questions - I could not control my emotions. I just went to the VIP reception and met Guruji in the middle of all the invited guests...

No comments:

Post a Comment